Our goal is to foster genuine collaboration – this means giving participants the time frame and resources both to create works which will nurture their development as artists, and form valued contributions to the repertoire.
To this end, we’re spreading our 3rd edition across two seasons: the first for experimentation, collaboration, contemplation and revision; the second for rehearsal, discussion, peer evaluation, and presentation.
in Norway: 3–9 August
• preliminary workshops with participants from Scandinavia and the UK
• a special concert by our performers
Musicians: Gregor Riddell, cello (UK); Silje Aker Johnsen, soprano (Norway); Mira Benjamin, violin (Canada) + invited guests
in Canada: dates TBA
• preliminary workshops with Canadian participants
Our next Northern New Music Encounter will be held in Oslo, Norway, during summer 2014. This week-long meeting will present a schedule of collaborative events which include:
• performances of the participants’ work
• participant-run workshops, discussion groups and presentations
• opportunities to collaborate across both sides of the musical score
We are currently accepting applications from Norwegian and Norway-based composers only.
For more information on how to apply to participate in our 2013–2014 edition, please contact Stine Sørlie, co-director in Norway.
stine.sorlie [at] gmail .com
The deadline for application is 20 March 2013.
**We are not currently accepting applications from Canada or the UK. Canadian and UK composers will be welcome to apply for our next edition.